The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division’s Defensive Carbine 2 Course is to provide the student with an opportunity to build upon the foundational skill-set and knowledge base that was acquired in Defensive Carbine 1. This will include a continued focus on the defensive mindset and a discussion regarding avoidance also known as de-escalation strategies. We will discuss the physiological changes that occur in the human body when under lethal force stress (duress) and how that affects our training. On the range you will undergo a series of skill development exercises that will help the student learn to more efficiently and effectively use a carbine for self-defense.
Defensive Carbine 2 is not a “marksmanship” or “target shooting” course. Rather it is designed to help the student quickly develop essential skills that can help him/her prevail in a real lethal force encounter.
Defensive Carbine 2 consists of a full day of intense range training and instruction covering a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
• Avoidance and de-escalation strategies
• The importance of the Defensive Mindset
• Physiological changes that occur when under severe stress
• Review of Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
• Defensive Accuracy Concept
• Volume of Fire
• Using lateral movement
• Presentation of the Carbine
• Emergency and Tactical Reloads
• Malfunction Clearing Remedies
• Engaging Multiple Targets
• Moving to Cover and/or Concealment
• Application of learned skills under realistic conditions
• A modern, serviceable carbine (pistol versions of carbines/rifles with braces are permitted)
• Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
• Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
• Ammunition: 400 rounds of factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
• Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
• Hydration system or Bottled water.
• Baseball Cap
The Defensive Carbine 2 course length is a full day, typically taking 8 – 10 hours including a 1-hour scheduled lunch break. A short break is given after each hour of instruction (approximately)
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!
DEFENSIVE CARBINE II