This course is for law-abiding adult citizens and legal permanent residents (as defined by applicable federal, state, and local laws) who are experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm).
Prospective participants must demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing one of the following:
• NRA Basic Pistol Course certificate
• NRA First Steps Course certificate
• NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card
• Military DD 214 with pistol qualification
If none of the above are available, prospective participants must take (and pass) the pre-course assessment.
This is an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 200 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn:
• Basic defensive shooting skills
• Strategies for home safety and responding to violent confrontations
• Firearms and the law
• How to choose a handgun for self-defense
• Continued opportunities for skill development
Upon course completion, students will receive the following:
• NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection in the Home handbook
• NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
• NRA/Winchester Marksmanship Qualification booklet
• Certificate of completion
Lesson III of this course; Firearms and the Law, and Legal Aspects of Self-Defense are conducted by one of the following:
• An attorney who is licensed to practice law within the state in which
this course is given, and who is familiar with this area of the Law
• A Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) who possesses an intermediate or
higher Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate granted within the state
• An individual currently certified to instruct in this area of the law by the
state in which this course is presented
NRA Certified Instructors may conduct this lesson only if they meet the requirements stated above, and then only in their capacity as an attorney, or another state-certified individual, but not in their capacity as an NRA-certified instructor.
• 3 Extra mags
• 200 Rounds of ammo
• Factory-fresh ammo only - absolutely no reloads or specialty ammo
• Eye & ear protection
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!
JOIN THE WAITLIST
Interested in this course but cant attend the course date(s) or there are no more available dates listed? Join the course waitlist, make a $50 non-refundable deposit and pay the remaining balance of your course when we schedule it. You will be contacted when there is enough interest in scheduling another course. Click here to join.
NRA PERSONAL PROTECTION INSIDE THE HOME
This is a Group Only course. There has to be a minimum of 3 students to take the course. If you do not have a group of 3, you can join our wait list by clicking here. Fill out the form and we will be in contact with you when there are other interested students. Price shown for the course is the group pricing. That price will be split between 3 people.
9AM - 5PM