3 STUDENT GROUP MINIMUM
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Divisions “F.A.S.T Handgun” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of handgun "Fundamentals and Safety Training" on your specific handgun, a basic understanding of ammunition and how it functions as well as shooting fundamentals.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the safe use of a firearm – in this case a handgun. F.A.S.T Handgun is specifically designed to provide a person new to handguns the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn the basics of operation, cleaning and maintenance, safety and much more in a convenient course. “F.A.S.T Handgun” is also meant as an introductory course for students new to handguns prior to taking SAFTD Defensive Handgun 1.
A number of topics will be covered in “F.A.S.T Handgun”. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Gun Safety Rules
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a your Handgun
- Operation of your Handgun
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Selecting a Handgun and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Handgun
- A modern, serviceable, handgun
- Two magazines if gun holds 10 or more, three magazines if gun holds less than 10 rounds.
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- 100 Rounds of Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
- Comfortable clothing
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Baseball Cap
NOTE: Handgun & ammo (9mm) can be provided for an additional $40.00
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!