The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's Defensive Handgun II Course is to provide students with an opportunity to build upon the foundation skill-set and knowledge base that was acquired in Defensive Handgun I. This will include a continued focus on the defensive mindset and on the development of marksmanship and gun handling skills needed to safely and effectively carry a concealed handgun for personal self-defense.
Students will become adept at working with the handgun from the holster, including drawing safely, efficiently, and quickly, and then safely re-holstering. Students will learn to shoot quickly and accurately, fire multiple shots with full control, and will also learn to reload the pistol quickly and efficiently using both speed reloads and emergency reloads. Students will learn to shoot effectively with one hand, using both the dominant and non-dominant hands.
We will also work on mental conditioning to prepare students to effectively deal with a sudden threat to their life, or to the life of another.
Defensive Handgun II is designed to help students to quickly develop essential skills that will help them prevail in real, lethal force encounters.
Defensive Handgun II consists of a full day of intense classroom & range training and instruction covering a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
• Gun safety rules and trigger finger & muzzle discipline
• The importance of the defensive mindset
• Review of defensive shooting fundamentals
• Dry fire & live fire exercises
• Presentation from a holster
• Emergency and speed reloads
• Fighting stance platform
• Delivering multiple shots efficiently and on target
• Trigger reset
• The IALEFI-QP silhouette target
• Introduction to one-handed presentation and shooting
• Modern, serviceable centerfire handgun (Semi-auto is highly recommended)
• Eye & ear protection
• Strong-side holster
• Semi-auto pistol or double-action revolver
• 9mm or .38 Special or above handgun - no pocket guns, such as a
Ruger LCP, etc. will be permitted as you will be presenting the gun from concealment and re-holstering repeatedly, and need to be proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when the gun is removed.
• 200 Round of ammo
• Factory-fresh ammo only - absolutely no reloads or specialty ammo
• 2 Extra mags
• Dual magazine carrier is optional but recommended
• Comfortable clothing
• Hydration system or bottled water
• Shoes - comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion
• Long pants and shirt with high collar
• Sturdy belt
• Baseball cap
NOTE: For safety reasons on the range our classes will use Strong Side Holsters only! The following holsters and carry styles are not permitted:
• Fabric holsters that can collapse when the firearm has been drawn
• Cross draw holster
• Shoulder holster
• Pocket holster
• Ankle holster
• Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index
finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in S.A.F.T.D. classes.
The only exception will be for Law Enforcement & Military issued types of
holsters for duty use.
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN II