Defensive Training Solutions (DTS)
- 2820 Stone Circle Ct. Troy, OH 45373
The goal of this course is to provide students with a solid foundation in the basic knowledge of revolver safety, revolver shooting fundamentals, and defensive shooting skills. It is designed for the most common defensive revolver, the J frame, but revolvers with up to 4" barrels are welcome as well. A number of topics will be covered. se include but not limited to:
• Safe handling of firearms
• Basic components of double-action revolvers
• Operation of a double-action revolver
• Working with a natural defensive stance
• Two-Handed and single-handed engagements
• Finding your balance of speed and precision
• Reloading your revolver
• Clearing common revolver stoppages
• Progressive shooting drills
• Modern, serviceable centerfire revolver (38 Special, .357 Magnum, .327 magnum, .44 Special, 9mm, .45 ACP, .45 Long Colt, .22LR (for beginners and those with hand strength issues))
• Eye & ear protection
• Sturdy holster that facilitates one handed holstering
• 300 Rounds of ammo
• Factory-fresh ammo only - absolutely no reloads or specialty ammo
• 2 Speedloaders or speed strips
• Dual speedloader carrier is optional but recommended
• Comfortable clothing appropriate for weather.
• Hydration system or bottled water
• Shoes - comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion
• Sturdy belt
The following holsters and carry styles are not permitted:
• Fabric holsters that can collapse when the firearm has been drawn
• Cross draw holster
• Shoulder holster
• Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in our classes.
The only exception will be for Law Enforcement & Military issued types of holsters for duty use.
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!
JOIN THE WAITLIST
Interested in this course but cant attend the course date(s) or there are no more available dates listed? Join the course waitlist, make a $50 non-refundable deposit and pay the remaining balance of your course when we schedule it. You will be contacted when there is enough interest in scheduling another course. Click here to join.
9AM - 5PM