The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division’s Defensive Shotgun 2 Course is to provide the student with an opportunity to build upon the foundational skill-set and knowledge base that was acquired in Defensive Shotgun 1. This will include a continued focus on the defensive mindset and discuss avoidance and de-escalation strategies. We will discuss the physiological changes that occur in the human body when under stress during a lethal force encounter and how this impacts our training. On the range you will undergo a series of skill development exercises that will help the student learn to more efficiently and effectively use a shotgun for self-defense.
Defensive Shotgun 2 is not a “marksmanship” or “target shooting” course. Rather it is designed to help the student quickly develop essential skills that can help him/her prevail in a real lethal force encounter.
Defensive Shotgun 2 consists of a full day of intense range training and instruction covering a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
• Avoidance and de-escalation strategies
• The importance of defensive mindset
• Physiological changes that occur when under duress
• Review of Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
• Defensive Accuracy Concept
• Volume of Fire
• Using lateral movement
• Presentation of the Shotgun
• Emergency and Tactical Reloads
• Proper Scan and Assess procedure
• Malfunction Clearing Remedies
• Engaging Multiple Targets
• Moving to Cover and/or Concealment
• Application of learned skills under realistic conditions
• A modern, serviceable, fighting shotgun, (pump or semi-auto shotgun recommended) in 12, 16 or 20 gauge
• Eye & ear protection
• Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
• Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
• 200 rounds of birdshot (7, 7-1/2 or 8 shot), 5 slugs and 5 Federal Flight Control 00 buck
• A quality belt designed to anchor gear to your body
• Shotshell carrier (either weapon mounted, belt or shotshell pouch)
• Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
• Hydration system or Bottled water.
• Baseball Cap
The Defensive Shotgun 2 course length is a full day, typically taking 8 – 10 hours including a 1-hour scheduled lunch break. A short break is given after each hour of instruction (approximately).
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!
DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN II