The NRA Defensive Pistol Course will focus on the techniques needed to develop a defensive mindset. The goal of this course is to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to carry and use the concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to explain and demonstrate the following:
- How to apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling
- Basic principles of concealment
- The difference between cover and concealment
- Drawing from the holster
- Levels of mental awareness
- Developing the proper mindset when using a pistol for personal protection
- Clearing common stoppages
- The use of pocket pistols
- And much more...
Students will receive the following items:
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home booklet
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- NRA Defensive Pistol certificate
- 3 Extra mags
- Mag pouch
- Sturdy belt
- Concealment clothing
- 300 Rounds of ammo
- Factory-fresh ammo only - absolutely no reloads or specialty ammo
- Eye & ear protection
Recommended Additional Equipment
- Secondary firearm along with 100 rounds of ammunition for that firearm if a different caliber than your primary pistols
- Sturdy holster and extra magazines, or speed loaders for your backup pistol
NOTE: You may take this class without a backup pistol. However, it is strongly recommended in order to get the full benefit from the course.
DOWNLOAD/PRINT FORM and please for our convience and yours fill out the form with a black ink pen and bring it to class with you. This will help us speed up the class time, so we can spend more time training, and improving your skills. Thank You!
NRA DEFENSIVE PISTOL
This is a Group Only course. There has to be a minimum of 5 students to take the course. If you do not have a group of 5, you can join our wait list by clicking here. Fill out the form and we will be in contact with you when there are other interested students. Price shown for the course is the group pricing. That price will be split between 5 people.